How To Get Rid Of Carpet Moths The Easy Way
Table of Contents
Try this simple moth treatment for carpets before hiring the experts
If you have a carpet at home, you want it to last as long as possible. While the passing of time, wear and tear, and occasional accidents like spills might mean your carpet needs to be replaced eventually, a good-quality carpet should last you for a half-decade or longer. A rare problem you might have, though, is the presence of carpet moths.
While not very common in the UK at all, there has been an increase in demand for moth treatment for carpets from professionals. With a growing number of homes impacted by carpet moths, you could see your carpet destroyed much quicker than you might assume. How, then, can you get rid of those carpet moths before they turn your carpet into a feasting den? What is your first move?
Dealing with carpet moths the easy way
As noted by MothPrevention, there are quite a few reasons you might be dealing with carpet moths. They are a pest that will not go away, though, not until they and their larvae have chewed their way through the entire carpet!
With that in mind, it’s important to take action as soon as possible. It would help if you, therefore, took the time to look closely at your options. The typical solution to dealing with carpet moths will include the following:
- Finding the carpet moths. They are quite easy to spot as they will be fairly sizeable. As such, if you spot even one moth on your carpet, it is likely a sign of a beginning of an infestation.
- Look out for dark spots on your walls and the skirting boards of your carpet. This is where moths tend to rest when in pupation. Could you look under your furniture, such as TV units, for signs, as well?
- You should also look out for larvae forming on the carpet; they will be around ½ an inch in size, and this is a very particular problem that is likely to start worsening if you do not act now.
- It would help if you now cleaned out where the carpet moths are coming from. You can take a vacuum cleaner around every part of the carpet, especially focusing on the skirting boards and the edges.
- Vacuum under all of your furniture and other areas, too, because this is where these carpet moths are most likely to build up their brood: they tend to thrive in the darkness during pupation.
- You can invest in a carpet moth-killing kit online; these are usually mixtures of sprays and powders which, when combined, can produce an inhospitable environment for the carpet moths overall.
- Be more thorough in future when it comes to carpet cleaning, as this tends to be one of the main reasons why moths settle on your carpet: a feast of hair, dust, and food stains attract carpet moths.
If none of the above is working, you might have a more serious infestation than first expected. To fix that, please contact a professional carpet cleaning service. They can resolve the issue and get rid of this headache before the problem worsens.
Sick of finding moths in your carpets in Aylesbury and surrounding areas? Then it is time to take professional action. Our Carpet Cleaning Pros team can ensure that your moth problem becomes a thing of the past. Contact us today to arrange support and assistance to get rid of these annoying pests once and for all!