Carpet Cleaning Pros (the ‘Company’ or ‘We’) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.carpetcleaningprofessionals.co.uk (our ‘website’) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect
- On this website
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this website
- When you interact with our advertising and applications of third-party websites and services.
- Via phone calls
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or by any other means , including any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including affiliates, subsidiaries, subcontractors)
- Any third party (including affiliates, subsidiaries, subcontractors) including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to be accessible from the website.
Children under the age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years old. Children under 13 years old must not provide any personal information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use this website or provide information on or to this website through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we may have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about you and how we collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including:
- Information you manually provide. The company collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse or touchpad) when you use the website. For example, we collect the information you provide when you request a service, send us questions or any other means of interaction with the website. Some of the information you manually provide may be information which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number.
- Information from social media platforms.
- Information from your browser or device. The company collects information that is sent automatically to use by your web browser or mobile device. This may include your IP address, operating system, browser name and type, version, date and time of visit and the pages you visit. The information we receive depends on your browser and device settings. The information we receive from your browser and device typically by itself is not personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
- collect information about the ways visitors use the website—which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of the website—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits;
- personalise your experience when you use the website; and
- improve our marketing efforts, including through use of targeted advertising
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the website [and our emails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable, but we may link it to personal information that you provide. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit our website, you may be unable to use all of the functionality or the website if your browser rejects our cookies.
- Information About Third Party Cookies and Other Technologies.
- In addition to the cookies and similar technologies delivered by the Company through our Website, certain third parties may deliver cookies and similar technologies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, the Company uses Google Analytics code that allows for certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features. Subject to change, the Google Display Advertising features the Company currently uses are Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
- These features are used to advertise online; to allow third-party vendors, including Google, to show you advertising across the Internet; to allow the Company and third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Website and to report how ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Website. Data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) is also combined with Google Analytics to better understand the needs of our users and to improve the services offered through the Website.
- You may opt out of such display advertising at any time by visiting your Google Ads Settings page or by installing and running the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Please note the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to the Company.
- In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to our Website or other websites, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website for Consumer Choice. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioural advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on our Website do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviours may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies. Please note that the industry-developed opt-out mechanism is device and browser specific. If you wish to opt-out from having interest-based information collected by participating entities across all devices and browsers, you need take the steps outlined above from each device and browser.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with effective customer service.
- To present our website and its content to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (consistent with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us).
- To invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (consistent with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us).
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To better understand your needs and interests.
- To improve our products and services.
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of your information
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To Social Media Platforms. We may provide functionality on our Website that allows you to automatically post information about the actions you take on our Website to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter). If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, people with access to your profile on the third-party platform may be able to see the actions you have taken—for example, the products or services you have purchased. Thus, you should have no expectation of privacy in those actions. Further, if you choose to link your profile on our Website with an account on a third-party social media platform, we may share the information in your profile with that third-party platform. We may also use third-party social media platforms to offer you interest-based ads. To offer such ads, we may convert your email address into a unique value which can be matched by our partner company with a user on their platform. Although we do not provide any personal information to these platform vendors, they may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve.
- To Other Users of this Site. You may be able to submit User-Generated Content on or through our Website. In this Policy, “User-Generated Content” or “UGC” refers to content that you post using the social networking tools we make available to you. Any personal information contained in UGC can be read, collected, or used by others. In addition, we may use UGC you submit for advertising campaigns and other promotions. We may or may not use your name in connection with such use, and we may or may not seek your consent before using the content for such purposes. Therefore, you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to UGC you submit on or through our Website.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Carpet Bright UK’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Carpet Bright UK about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Carpet Bright UK, our customers or others.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may follow the link at the bottom of such emails entitled, “Unsubscribe” to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of the purchase of products or services, product service experience or other transactions. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carpet Cleaning Pros- 6 Princes Buildings, Bristol, BS8 4LB