How to clean a carpet rug and upholstery?
Table of Contents
Consider the following schedule before calling local upholstery cleaners
If you own a modern home, then it is likely that you will have some carpet and/or rug as well as plenty of upholstery. When it comes to cleaning these objects, it can take some work to know where to begin. Typically, it would help if you were looking at a cleaning schedule of around:
- Once per month for each of the rugs and upholstery in your property
- Twice per month for any carpets that you have in your home today
- Professional cleaning of each object at least once per year, preferably twice
That kind of schedule is very useful, and professional cleaning of each is very important. You can only do so much when you use basic cleaning remedies. A vacuum and a quick clean down with a damp cloth and cleaning solution will only go so far. Given the cost of professional carpet, rug and upholstery cleaning, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort for a fair price overall.
Our recommendation? Please consider using the above schedule to ensure you can keep your property looking fresh. For those monthly cleans carried out by your hand, though, where should you start?
How to clean your carpet, rug, and upholstery without causing damage
- First, you’ll need to make sure you give all parts of the carpet, rug and/or upholstery a clean-down using a vacuum. This lifts as much of the dirt and debris as you can reach.
- Do this first and then give everything a brush down as best you can – if you feel that any piles of dust are coming up after brushing, give it a second vacuum to lift all of this up right away.
- Now, you should read into the material used in your carpets, rugs, and upholstery. Depending on the materials, you might be excluded from using at-home cleaning tools like steam cleaners.
- Every material is different, so make sure that you only follow the cleaning instructions provided. Many rugs, carpets and upholstery will also come with a care tag attached for more information.
- Follow the instructions, but at the very least, you should be looking to give each object a vacuum and a quick brush – always stay on the side of caution when it comes to cleaning materials.
It would be best to speak to a professional when it comes to cleaning your carpets, rugs, and upholstery. There is no benefit to taking risks or just assuming. If you have any uncertainty at all, could you arrange a professional cleaning service from a local cleaning company? They can then advise you on what to do in-between cleaning sessions so that you can stay on top of the cleaning and care of your household.
Need support with cleaning your carpets, rugs, and upholstery in Uxbridge and surrounding areas? Contact the Carpet Cleaning Pros today. We can give you all the insight and information you need to make the right choice about a cleaning schedule. For a professional and thorough clean that catches all of the blots, stains, and mess, contact us today!