How often should I have my carpets cleaned in London?
Table of Contents
Work out the best schedule for carpet cleaning in London
If you have carpets in your home, then one of the most important things to focus on is keeping those carpets clean. We all know how hard it can be to keep a carpet clean, but by setting a schedule, you can find it easier to avoid excessive work.
Wait too long, and you can be looking at a very time-consuming carpet cleaning schedule. Give the carpet a once-over on a regular enough basis, though, and it is easier to manage. So, to help you make the right choice, we highly recommend that you look to stick to the following carpet cleaning schedule in London.
There are many competing suggestions, but if you stick to the below, then you should be more likely to avoid having a headache when it comes to carpet cleaning.
The best schedule for carpet cleaning in London: when should you get busy?
While most of us look to give our carpet a quick clean-up on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, you might want to focus on giving it a more thorough clean every now and then. This could be a more thorough clean involving the use of more specific cleaning, or it could be the use of a professional carpet cleaner to do the job for you. Either way, you should make sure that you can set a strict schedule for carpet cleaning.
Generally, you should look to have your carpet cleaned once per week by way of a quick vacuum and a clean around any potentially off-looking spots. That being said, though, you should look to have a thorough clean carried out once per year at a bare minimum.
However, you might wish to think about going for a twice-annual professional carpet cleaning service if you:
- Have a large family and tend to have lots of people moving around your home, thus running the risk of the carpets being damaged/muddied
- Have kids at home that might be more likely to cause spillages and stains; the sooner you tackle those messy spots, the better for everyone
- Have pets, as pets tend to be one of the easiest causes of carpet mess and damage thanks to their innate ability to bring the mess with them
- Have allergies (especially if you have pets) as carpets can be a nefarious place for allergens and irritants to build up, leaving you with a very messy carpet indeed
- Work a manual job – people such as builders and plasterers are more likely to bring in things like dirt and debris on their clothes, thus contributing to a dirtier carpet
Focus, too, on the rooms in your home that see the most traffic. The carpet in your living room will see more action than a carpet in a bedroom, for example. Generally, though, a minimum of one professional and thorough carpet cleaning alongside weekly carpet dusting and hoovering should be enough to keep your carpet looking fantastic for years to come.
Looking for help with carpet cleaning in Hayes and surrounding areas? The Carpet Cleaning Pros can give you the help you need. Make sure that you can stick to the above schedule with the help of our detail-oriented approach to carpet cleaning starting today.